Perform in Korzo: Open Call voor Playground
Playground returns to Korzo on Saturday the 29th of April. During Playground, upcoming artists in the field of dance, circus, music, spoken word and physical theatre get the chance to perform their own piece in Korzo. The Open Call for Playground was launched today.
Playground is an initiative by Korzo and strives to offer upcoming artist the chance to show their work to a curious audience on a professional stage. During a night in Korzo on Saturday the 29th of April, four makers present their pieces on the stage of Korzo.
‘With Playground we want to give promising artists a place to present themselves to a bigger audience in a professional location, so they can shake up the performing arts scene with new ideas. Everyone is welcome, whether you learnt your skills at an academy or not.’
– Gemma Jelier, general manager of Korzo.
Playground is an initiative by Korzo, to give promising artists a chance to show their work to a curious audience on a professional stage. Four makers perform their work during one night at Korzo, on Thursday the 16th of November. Korzo will accept applications from artists in the field of dance, circus, music, spoken word and physical theatre, who are able to present their piece on a 10x10m stage with a maximum of 15 minutes.
What you’ll get:
- The possibility to perform in the Korzo theater in The Hague;
- A performance fee of € 300,- per person, with a maximum of € 900,- (excl. BTW and incl. travel costs);
- A fotoshoot to promote the performance;
- Technical support during the montage and the performance.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a strong connection with The Hague or its surrounding areas (like Delft, Zoetermeer or Rijswijk). That means that you either live, work or create in The Hague;
- You already have a existing piece of max 15 minutes, that you can perform on a 10x10m stage. You are able to send us a video of the complete performance (can be filmed with a smartphone);
- You’re available to come by Korzo on the following dates: Monday 2nd of october (fotoshoot), Wednesday 15th of November (runthrough) and Thursday 16th of November (the performance itself).
Applications and selection
It is not possible anymore to apply for this edition of Playground.
We're celebrating 40 years of Korzo with a special programme
On Friday 23 February 2024, we're celebrating: it will be exactly forty years since cinema Corso was squatted and transformed into theatre Korzo. We celebrate the anniversary with the anniversary...Read more
Interview: Jan Martens wants to make the unloved beloved
It may be the last time he has handled his body so ‘violently’. It is physically challenging: dancing choreographies based on virtuoso harpsichord performances by harpsichordist Elisabeth Chojnacka....Read more